Treloar's Chronology

1908 Sir William Purdie Treloar establishes The Lord Mayor Treloar Cripples' Hospital and College in Alton, Hampshire

1948 The NHS takes over the hospital, absorbing 75 per cent of the Trust's funds

1949 The Trust buys a new site at Froyle for Lord Mayor Treloar College to continue to educate physically disabled young men

1965 Florence Treloar School for Girls opens at Holybourne

1978 The two schools amalgamate, becoming a single co-educational school, Lord Mayor Treloar College. The Froyle site becomes the Lower School and Holybourne the Upper School

1990 A £14m improvement programme starts, radically enhancing facilities and equipment at both sites

2000 The names are simplified to Treloar School and Treloar College of Further Education

2007 Work starts on a new student common room and hall of residence at Treloar College

2008 Opening of Brewer House and Chill Out Zone at Treloar College

2009 Princess Royal officially opens Brewer House

2010 Vision Treloar's appeal launched to build new campus enabling co-location of the School and College on a single site

2011 Building work on new campus completed

2012 School students move to Holybourne campus

2012 HRH Countess of Wessex GCVO officially opens new campus

2012 Trust moves to Holybourne site

2014 Refurbishment of College buildings

2015 Opening of the refurbished Evans House