Pathway to Work
Treloar College provides a number of routes to prepare young people for future employment.
At Treloar College a traineeship is suitable for young people who:
- Are not currently in a job and have little work experience, but who would like to work in the future
- Do not hold a level 3 qualification
- Will probably be ready to work within 6 months of starting a traineeship.
Alongside a programme of work experience or a supported internship learners will continue to study English and maths until they reach level 2 in both subjects. The programme can last from 6 weeks to 6 months, depending upon the needs of the learner. At the end of the traineeship the work provider will offer an interview for a job.
Click here for more information on our CV Builder traineeship programme.
At Treloar College an apprenticeship would be for young people who:
- Want a real job with training
- Want to get paid whilst they participate in the programme
- Want a nationally recognised qualification.
Alongside a programme of work learners will continue to study English and maths until they reach level 2 in both subjects. They will also complete a technical certificate or other professional qualification required for the job and a vocational qualification.
The programme can last from 1 – 6 years depending upon the needs of the learner and the programme of study. There are 3 types of apprenticeship available:
- Intermediate Apprenticeship (level 2)
- Advanced Apprenticeship (level 3)
- Higher Apprenticeship (level 4 or above).
Our flexible offer
For many young people a full time residential placement at a College may be inappropriate therefore we offer flexible arrangements to suit the specific needs of each student. Students can attend College for 1- to 5 days a week accessing parts of the educational curriculum. Each timetable is bespoke and this will allow young people the opportunity to balance other needs in their life with their studies. This can be combined with any number of overnight stays if required.