Equality & Diversity
"Individual identity and belief are valued and promoted. Difference is celebrated. Practice within the school regarding the promotion of equality and diversity is seen as an exemplar". OFSTED report, 2017
Treloar's is committed to eliminating discrimination and celebrates equality and diversity among our students and our workforce.
We believe in the uniqueness and value of each individual and provide opportunities for people of all abilities to achieve their potential.
We celebrate diversity amongst our students, staff and visitors and recognise the contribution that individuals with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences can make to the life of Treloar's.
The Trust is an equal opportunities employer. The aim of our policy is to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment as a consequence of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or philosophical belief, sex or sexual orientation, responsibility for dependants, employment status, trade union membership or social and economic status. Furthermore, the Trust believes that an individual's criminal record should not lead to less favourable treatment unless it can be shown to be clearly related to the duties or role expected of the employee. Selection criteria and procedures are intended to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and in all other ways treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.We will continue to work towards an environment where mutual cooperation, respect and trust are
- Working together to enrich and empower the Treloar's community towards the common purpose, by individual accountability, open and honest communication and celebrating our achievements.
- Embracing continuous self and team improvement, innovation and responsiveness to change, and striving for excellence.
- Acting with integrity, ensuring sustainability by positioning Treloar's as the leader in its field.
- Respect diversity and each other, being people-centred, valuing individuals and responding to their living and learning needs.
- Commitment to delivering excellent services which are needs driven, exceed expectations and where everyone is responsible for the quality and financial sustainability of the service we deliver.
General Equality Duty
Treloar's' values have been set in recognition of the general equality duty. We are committed to the following objectives, in order to:
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
- Advance equality of opportunity between persons who share a protected characteristic and persons who do not share it.
- Foster good relations between persons who share a protected characteristic and persons who do not share it.
Click here to view our equality, diversity and inclusion objectives for 2018-19.
Click here to view our 'Commitment to Procurement' leaflet.