Progress and Transition
"This wide-ranging support and guidance also ensures that students are very well prepared for life after Treloar College". OFSTED report, January 2017
All students within the College are allocated a Progress and Transition Coordinator (PTC) who will work with the multi-disciplinary team focussing on future life. The PTC will provide advice and guidance on living, activities, further learning and future placement options, supporting the young person, their family and external stakeholders with this process. The PTC will support students in Annual Reviews and, where relevant, will link with parents and agencies in a student’s home area.
The PTC will work closely with students and families and are the key contact for external stakeholders, e.g. Social Workers to prepare and support students with planning their transition. This PTC support will include:
- Supporting students by leading multi-disciplinary team meetings
- Monitor progress, ensuring targets are set around the student's aim of placement
- Support the student to develop, where appropriate, employability skills and university applications
- Support students to research, visit and identify appropriate future living placements, in collaboration with the family and external agencies (if appropriate)
- Attending all Annual Reviews and ensuring the student's voice is heard and at the heart of all decisions made
- Liaising with students and families to update and maintain Section A of the Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- Setting Transition/Work experience targets to support a student’s aspirations, as appropriate
- Supporting students in planning for transition options including moving back to their home area (if appropriate)
- Supporting students and families by meeting regularly
- Where appropriate to age and need, students will also access a programme of work experience and work related learning, coordinated by the PTC. This will be linked to their study programme.
- Support the students for an agreed period of time after they move on from Treloar's.