The Treloar Talks 2018
When: 28th March 2018Back to events index
Join us for an unforgettable evening of inspiration hosted by Treloar’s patron Alastair Stewart OBE. Held in the unique surroundings of Glaziers Hall in London which offers a beautiful view of the Thames.
- Anne Usher MBE
- Anne won a gold medal for paracanoeing at the 2016 Rio Paralympics. She has also won two World Championship and three European Championship gold medals since she started competing for Great Britain in 2013. Her story of getting into sport in the first place, her life changing injury which prevented her from riding a bike and how she turned her life around to become Paralympic gold medalist in Rio in just 4 years is an incredible tale.
- Richard Betts
- Richard is Director of Pied A Terre Adventures, a walking and outdoor activity company based in West Sussex. He has a love for the outdoors which is incredibly infectious. With 25 years experience as a qualified guide and trainer both in the UK and internationally, he loves nothing more than immersing himself in the countryside and sharing his knowledge and expertise. In his spare time he volunteers for Search Dogs Sussex and is a Community First Responder. Richard, being much in demand as an outdoor instructor and leader, recently assisted Richard Branson on a long distance trek across the Alps.
- Dan Eley
- After a freak accident in Latin America left Dan paralysed from the shoulders down, he has gone on to prove that you can do more than just cope with adversity.He is the Founder of an international children’s charity, a London 2012 Olympic Torchbearer and recipient of a UN ‘happy hero’ medal and a Director on the Board of Governors of Frensham Heights.
- Jeremy Taylor
- Jeremy Taylor is the Chief Executive of Gatwick Diamond Business which has been representing, supporting and empowering local businesses since 1953. Some of Jeremy’s proudest achievements are growing Gatwick Diamond Business into the leading voice for the region as well as travelling across France dressed as Kermit the Frog to raise money for charity!In Jeremy words “ I am late middle-aged middle-class man from a comfortable background with a marginally above average education which goes to show, nothing is impossible.”
- Angus Irvine
- Angus Irvine is Chief Executive of Vibhs Financial Ltd, a foreign exchange broker in the City. The birth of his daughter Lily in 1996 promoted a complete career change as they were then working for Mississippi State University. Lily is currently a Treloar;s student and since her birth Angus has raised funds for a number of charities connected with Cerebral Palsy. His story will tell of the challenges faced by CP sufferers and how Treloar’s facilities and work is vital for children’s development and support to families
Guests will be welcomed with a drinks reception before our speakers talk for 15 minutes each.
Doors open at 6:30pm for a 7pm start at Glaziers Hall, London, SE1 9DD
Tickets are £30 to include a complimentary glass of wine and nibbles on arrival.
To book tickets please visit bit.ly/2018TreloarTalks
For more information please contact email@example.com or 01420 547 447