Each year we need to fundraise to ensure we can continue to offer our students immediate, on site access to the expertise of our specialist members of staff:
- Assistive Technology, devising technology and engineering solutions to enable our students to achieve as much independence as possible.
- Counselling team, supporting the emotional wellbeing of our students who are experiencing difficulties in their lives, whatever the cause may be.
- Chaplaincy, providing another route for support for our students, regardless of their faith.
- Visual Impairment Adviser, ensuring our students’ visual impairment needs are correctly assessed and then supported so they can access their education and achieve independence.
- Dieticians, making sure our students’ nutritional needs are met and addressed in accordance with their specific medical conditions.
- Music Therapists, almost 85% of our student population have some level of speech impairment, meaning self-expression can be extremely difficult and sometimes virtually impossible. Our Music Therapists work with our students on a one-to-one basis to enable them to communicate and feel less isolated.
- Progress and Transition Team, enabling our students to make a successful transition when they leave Treloar’s, including finding suitable accommodation, meaningful leisure activities, accessing Further or Higher Education or entering employment.
Specialist staff can cost between £15,000 - £40,000 each year depending on our students’ needs at any one time.
If you would like to help support the continuation of these vital posts, please get in touch by calling us on 01420 547 477 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org