“Assistive technologies in education: information for professionals” event
Feb. 24, 2016Back to events index
This special themed professional visitor event offers those working with physically disabled students and young people with special educational needs, the opportunity to see how the application of technology allows our students to access their education and maximise their independence. You will also find out how your organisation can access these technologies through our Outreach Services programme.
The day will incorporate:
- An introduction to our multi-disciplinary approach to education and care
- an overview of our Outreach Services
- A tour of our extensive campus
- Special needs ICT at Treloar's - education in the classroom (workshop)
- Switch access applications & assessments (workshop)
- iPads in education (workshop)
The event runs from 9.30am to 3.15pm and lunch will be provided.
To book your place email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01420 547400 extension 7840.
As this event revolves around the ‘hot topic’ of assistive technology we are expecting demand for places to be high so, please book early to avoid disappointment.