PE – Key Stage 3
Each student will have access to the following areas of the PE National Curriculum, adapted to suit the needs of the individual or group: Athletics, Games, including net, invasive, target and striking/ fielding games, Outdoor and Adventurous activities, and sometimes dance or wheelchair skills.
Students have one lesson per week with opportunities for extra-curricular sport. Students also have a swimming lesson each week where they develop skills and understanding in competitive swimming, gaining independence, technique and survival skills.
- Term 1- Orienteering/Dance and Target games
- Term 2- Net and Invasion games
- Term 3- Athletics and Striking and fielding
- Term 1- Assessment and Technique work using BLABT
- Term 2- Sculling, rotations and survival skills
- Term 3- Competition work