PE – Sports Leaders Award Level 2
The Sports Leaders Level 2 is a one-year course and is followed by students who have completed GCSE PE or have a particular interest in Sport. Students who take this course should have completed their Level 1 Sports Leaders and must be prepared to stand in front of their peers and lead several sessions, as this is a requirement of the course.
Students are expected to complete a work booklet and demonstrate leadership for 10 hours. The course has five mandatory units which include:
- Unit 1- Developing leadership skills
- Unit 2- Plan, lead and evaluate sport/physical activity sessions
- Unit 3- Assist in planning and leading a sports/physical activity event
- Unit 4- Lead sport/physical activity session linked with the centre
- Unit 5- Lead sport/physical activity sessions in the community.
Students gain various life skills from sports leaders such as time management, organisational skills, communication, confidence, team work, planning and analytical skills. There will be elements of theory work as well as practical work, as students will need to plan lessons prior to delivering them.
This course will also use participants from local primary schools, secondary schools and colleges, which will allow our students to socialise with the community. Once the level two is completed students are encouraged to enrol onto the level 3 sports leaders course delivered by the College to allow them to progress further.