PSHE – Key Stage 4 Entry Level/GCSE
Classes follow modules from the AQA QCF Award and Certificate in Personal and Social Education (5800)
Entry Level students are taught modules for accreditation at one (or more) of Entry 1, Entry 2 & Entry 3 depending on their ability.
GCSE Students are taught the modules at either Level 1 or Level 2 at the teacher’s discretion, but this is not accredited.
All students are taught these modules:
- Drugs Education (year 11): Covering use and misuse of legal drugs (esp alcohol and nicotine) and the laws regarding illegal drugs
- Sex and Relationship Education (year 11): Covering relationships, parenting, sexual reproduction and birth, contraception and Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Emotional Wellbeing (year 10): Covering emotions, stress, peer pressure, bulling, prejudice, equal opportunities, mental illness
- Healthy Lifestyles (year 10): Covering diet, exercise, eating disorders, physical wellbeing, DRABC rule, making choices
- Being a Critical Consumer (year 10 or 11) – in 2016/2017 both years are doing this module: Covering impulse buying, shopping around, selling strategies, price comparisons, consumer help, credit and debit cards, right to refund
In additional students may be taught the following modules if time permits:
- Personal Safety covering identifying dangers, personal responsibility, e-safety, organisations
- Introduction to Diversity, Prejudice and Discrimination covering prejudice, discrimination, stereotypes and social cohesion
- Also, Entry Level students will do Work Related Learning which covers the following areas:
- Maintaining work standards, Exploring job opportunities, Learning through work experience,
- Customer Service, Health and safety in the workplace, Planning and reviewing learning, Rights and responsibilities in the workplace, Working with others
UPDATE: Following the cessation of the Work Related Learning Qualification, it has been agreed that from Sep 2018 any Entry Level classes may cover some of the PSHE modules that overlap with this area.
These modules would be selected from:
- Unit 1: Personal Action Planning
- Unit 7: Making Informed Career Choices
- Unit 8: Applying for Jobs and Courses
- Unit 9: Relationships, Behaviours and Practices in the Workplace