Design & Technology-Key Stage 4
Design and Technology at Entry Level is a modular course consisting of coursework with no exams. In D&T students have the opportunity to undertake an Entry Level AQA Unit Award course leading to the accreditation of qualifications matched to their ability. All courses involve the production of a three dimensional outcome/product made to a set or selected design brief and the production of design folders with varying amounts of detail.
The course in D&T: Resistant Materials encourages students to:
- demonstrate fully their D&T capability, which requires them to combine skills with knowledge and understanding in order to design and make quality products in quantity;
- acquire and apply knowledge, skills and understanding;
- analyse and evaluate products and processes;
- engage in focused tasks to develop and demonstrate techniques;
- engage in strategies for developing ideas, planning and producing products;
- consider how past and present D&T, relevant to a designing and making context, affects society;
- recognise the moral, cultural and environmental issues in D&T.