Treloar Tea Loaf
This recipe, for delicious Treloar Tea Loaf, was created by Simon Fooks at the Worshipful Company of Cooks as the star bake for the “Tea for Treloar” campaign.
This May Treloar’s are encouraging people to hold a tea party, or take a #SelfTea, and make a donation, to support the work that the charity does with the inspirational young people.
Our Delicious Treloar Tea Loaf
- 1 cup cold black tea
- 225g/ 8oz mixed dried fruit
- 225g/8oz self-raising flour
- 112g/4oz caster sugar
- 1 large beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Place the fruit in a small bowl and pour the cold tea over the top
- Soak overnight if possible, or until the fruit swells
- Grease a 1.5lb (675g) loaf tin
- Preheat oven to 180c or gas 4
- In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, egg and marmalade
- Then, pour in the fruit and any tea left in the bowl. Stir thoroughly
- Put into loaf tin and bake in the oven for 1 hour
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin!