Bank Registered Nurse
August 19, 2021 / 11:30 am
Treloar’s is one of the largest specialist Schools and Colleges in the UK for young people with disabilities. Our fundamental purpose is simple; to enable disabled young people to fulfill their potential in every aspect of their lives.
We are seeking experienced, organised and hardworking Bank Staff Nurses / RGN’s to join an enthusiastic and skilled team of 22 nurses, supporting up to 170 children and young adults with disabilities & life limiting conditions to access education in our specialist school and college based in Alton, North Hampshire.
Our nurses say: “it’s business as usual – and more during the pandemic – our nursing support is more important than ever” “We wear medical grade PPE, and have clear guidance and support from our managers”. This permanent role would suit a committed children’s, adult or learning disability nurse wanting a rewarding role within an ‘outstanding’ (CQC and Ofsted) organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Staff Nurse:
- Undertake the role of house based link nurse, being the first point of contact for students, parents, house and education staff, as well as external agencies of key students
- To work as a member of the nursing team to provide students with individualised care and support in accordance with their care plan, and in line with Treloar’s policies and procedures
- Alongside the Clinical Educator, provide comprehensive training and support to the multidisciplinary team.
- To ensure that delegation of tasks and duties is carried out in line with NMC guidelines and takes into account not only the activity but also the situation
- Contribute to clinical governance, through participating in clinical audit, research and awareness of best practice
Minimum requirements of the Senior Staff Nurse:
- Registered Nurse with the NMC
- BSc in Nursing
- Recent or a depth of experience supporting children or adults with physical disabilities, or life limiting conditions
- Awareness of NICE guidance and application to practice
- Competency in a range of clinical skills (medication administration, gastrostomy feeding, management of seizures) with recent clinical practice
- Hourly rate up to £28.02 per hour
- Paid Training
- Up to 7 weeks holiday pay
- Opportunity to join pension scheme
- Free onsite parking
- HealthCash Plan & Store Discount Scheme
- Free DBS check
- Paid training
HOW TO APPLY:
Please download and complete an application form by clicking Application Form. Alternatively, please call our Recruitment Team on 01420 547400 for more information or to request an application pack.
Treloar Trust is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. All successful candidates will be subject to a DBS Check along with other relevant employment checks. Treloar’s is removing barriers to disabled people in employment and benefitting from their skills; we are a Disability Confident employer. Treloar’s has signed up to the Mindful Employer Charter for employers who are positive about mental health. Treloar Trust, responsible for Treloar School and Treloar College, is an equal opportunities employer. Registered charity number 1092857.