Care Support Worker
September 10, 2019 / 1:14 pm
Care Support Worker
Full time, 37.5 hour per week
£18,917 – £19,634 + 8 WEEKS HOLIDAY + Pension + Health Cash Plan + Life Insurance + Discounted Gym Membership + Free Parking
Term Time Only, 42 hours per week
£16,239 – £17,634 + Pension + Health Cash Plan + Life Insurance + Discounted Gym Membership + Free Parking
Are you interested in working a nationally recognised, flagship organisation rated as Outstanding by both the CQC and OFSTED?
We are seeking to expand our welcoming and supportive our residential houses. This is a house-based post providing care and support to students with physical disabilities in a warm and homely environment. We support students during both the term-time and the holidays and you would be actively engaged in a huge range of activities with them such as fishing, sailing, art & crafts, train rides, trips to the beach and even occasionally camping out! Your holidays are not tied to the term dates so you can take your holidays throughout the year at a time that suits you.
Our goal is to create a world where disabled children and young people learn to take control of their lives and dare to dream.
Treloar’s is a registered charity based in Holybourne, Hampshire which has been established for over one hundred years. We provide education, care, therapy, medical support and independence training to young people with physical disabilities from all over the UK and overseas.
As Care Support Worker you will receive;
- Excellent benefits including; 8 weeks annual leave full year staff, Pension, Health Cash Plan, Life Insurance, Discounted Gym Membership and Free, On-Site Parking
- A rewarding career in a stimulating and vibrant environment
- Exceptional training and development opportunities, this enables us to accept applications from both experienced people and those looking to move into this area of work for the first time
- Health and wellbeing activities
In order to be considered for the role of Care Support Worker you will:
- Be a caring, approachable and friendly person committed to supporting people with physical disabilities
- A professional who enjoys working closely with others as part of a close-knit team
- Level 2 or 3 relevant qualification (or be willing to work towards this)
As Care Support Worker you will be trained to assist the students with all aspects of care within the house setting.
Key duties will include:
- Supporting students with personal care
- Assisting with nutritional and feedings requirements
- Administering medications
- Assisting Students to achieve their goals
- Assisting with therapy programmes
- Keeping records in line with regulatory requirements
Please be advised you will be required to complete a full application form as part of our recruitment process.
Treloar Trust is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. All successful candidates will be subject to a DBS Check along with other relevant employment checks.
Treloar’s is removing barriers to disabled people in employment and benefitting from their skills; we are a Disability Confident employer.
Treloar’s has signed up to the Mindful Employer Charter for employers who are positive about mental health.
Registered charity number 1092857.