Deputy Head of School
July 22, 2022 / 12:57 pm
Full time, permanent
Our vision is for a world where physically disabled young people take control of their lives and achieve their aspirations. We are seeking an experienced or aspiring leader to join us in this endeavour.
We welcome applicants with diverse skills sets and a variety of experiences in education to join our team and work with our Head of School to provide the highest quality, innovative, education, therapy and care for all our students.
Treloar School is a leading Centre for physically disabled young people and the School aims to enable all our learners to achieve their long-term goals. We provide highly personalised and bespoke learning, therapy and care to our students, giving them the confidence and skills to achieve their full potential.
The Deputy Head of School will share our values of inclusivity, excellence, integrity and respect. As Deputy Head of School you will provide day to day support for the Head of School in undertaking their role. You will be an integral part of the school leadership team, contributing to the future direction of the School by advising on curriculum, staff development and other issues related to the specialist education sector, driving forward a vision for excellence in an organisation which has remained at the forefront of developments in our sector for the past 100 years. You will take responsibility for student progress and be a key point of contact for parents and carers. You will maintain excellent relationships with colleagues on residential houses and in the therapy departments to ensure all students maximise their potential.
Applicants should hold a Qualified Teacher Status and a degree level qualification or equivalent. They must have management experience and demonstrate an excellent understanding of the special education sector. You will have an empathetic approach to children with special educational needs and disabilities in both day students and those in our residential environment. You will appreciate the key role that therapeutic interventions have in helping young people to achieve their aim of placement.
The successful candidate will
- have excellent leadership, organisational and interpersonal skills
- ability to provide innovative, challenging and creative solutions
- be passionate about making a difference in young people’s lives
- committed to ensuring students reach their full potential
- committed to the development of team members
- demonstrate a proven understanding of SEND
- hold QTS and a degree level qualification or equivalent
In return, we offer:
- Attractive salary for right candidate
- Excellent training & development opportunities
- Life Insurance & Critical Illness Cover
- Group Personal Pension & Occupational Health schemes
- Health Cash Plan & Perkbox discount scheme
- Free parking & many other benefits
Closing Date: 25th September 2022
To download the full job description and job pack please click here.
An application pack can be obtained by clicking here, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01420 547400 ext. 3401.
Treloar Trust is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check along with other relevant employment checks.