Intern Student Support Assistant
May 4, 2021 / 10:51 am
Treloar’s is a registered charity that has been established for over one hundred years. We provide education, care, therapy, medical support and independence training to young people with physical disabilities and complex needs.
We seek to Recruitment Intern Student Support Assistant’s for September 2021 to July 2022 to work across our School, College and residential services in, Alton, Hampshire. We are looking for motivated, flexible individuals who are passionate about supporting young people with physical disabilities.
Salary: £15,809 per year
40 hours per week
Key duties of an Intern Student Support Assistant will include;
- Preparation of materials for all lessons and clearing up afterwards
- Helping “set up” students with a range of computer equipment
- Assisting with therapy programmes
- Support teachers/tutors in maintaining good records of student progress
- To help implement all aspects of individual care plans
- Helping students in all aspects of daily living including washing, dressing, bathing, showering and after toilet hygiene
- Assist students with their nutritional requirements, e.g. serving meals, assisting with feeding, preparing drinks, meals and snacks
- To support the Trust in safeguarding and protecting the welfare of all students
In order to be considered for the role of Intern Student Support Assistant you will have;
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above (or equivalent).
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Flexible, adaptable working manner
- Ability to work under pressure
We welcome applications from candidates with transferable skills who are looking for a rewarding career change.
As an Intern Student Support Assistant you will receive;
- Excellent paid training and development opportunities
- Discounted gym membership
- Health cash plan
- Life insurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Health and wellbeing activities
- Refer a friend scheme up to £400 (T&C’s apply)
- On site accommodation available
Interested? How to Apply…
To Apply, Please click here for the application form. Alternatively, please contact our Recruitment Team on 01420 547400 for more information.
Treloar Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All successful candidates will be subject to a DBS check along with other relevant employment checks. Treloar’s is removing barriers to disabled people in employment and benefitting from their skills; we are a Disability Confident employer. Treloar’s has signed up to the Mindful Employer Charter for employers who are positive about mental health.