Residential Home Manager – Gauvain
February 16, 2021 / 10:53 am
Treloar’s seek to recruit an experienced Residential Home Manager for Gauvain House, which provides support 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year for up to 18 students. The house is split into two levels. The upper of these is set up to further enable students who have an established base of independence skills. The ground floor provides support for students with complex needs. The environment itself is set up to emulate a shared living space, but with immediate access to increased levels of support and teaching than would be found in a community setting.
Key Responsibilities of the Residential Home Manager:
- To provide management and leadership for a residential house ensuring appropriate staffing levels and support to students throughout this time, in conjunction with the registered nursing team.
- To develop, monitor and evaluate the quality of care for young adults with complex needs;
- To plan and utilise all resources effectively.
- To ensure that the CQC Fundamental Standards and Key Lines of enquiry (KLOE’S) are met within the residential provision.
- To develop the service to meet the changing needs of students and other stakeholders.
Essential Requirements of the Residential Home Manager:
- A qualification acceptable to the Care Quality Commission for the management of a care home for young adults (NVQ 4 in Management and Care, or RMA, or QCF Level 5).
- Has significant experience as a Registered Manager, in managing a relevant care setting
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of policy and best practice in relation to safeguarding vulnerable children and adults
- An understanding of issues in disability/ ill-health
- Experience of management and supervision of staff in a residential setting
- Willingness to live on site during working weeks
- Flexibility to work some unsocial hours and to be on-call in accordance with the Residential Manager’s/Principal’s rota (Including weekends and school/college holidays)
- Work shifts across 52 week provision
As a Residential Home Manager you will receive;
- Accommodation on site (3 Bed House)
- Critical Illness Cover
- Life Insurance
- Discounted gym membership
- Health cash plan
- Paid Holiday
- Sick Pay
- Free Parking
- Free Enhanced DBS Check
Salary: £39,611 per annum
Closing date: 28th February 2021
Interview date: Week Commencing 8th March 2021
Interested? How to Apply…
To Apply, Please click here for the application form. Alternatively, please contact our Recruitment Team on 01420 547400 for more information.
Treloar Trust is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. All successful candidates will be subject to a DBS Check along with other relevant employment checks. Treloar’s is removing barriers to disabled people in employment and benefitting from their skills; we are a Disability Confident employer. Treloar’s has signed up to the Mindful Employer Charter for employers who are positive about mental health. Treloar Trust, responsible for Treloar School and Treloar College, is an equal opportunities employer. Registered charity number 1092857.