Student Support Assistant
May 6, 2020 / 11:14 am
Full & Part Time Student Support Assistant – Term Time/ Full Year
Salary: £16,321 – £19,733 (Dependent on Qualifications & Pro Rata for Part Time) + Pension + Health cash plan + Life Insurance + Free Parking + Critical Illness Cover
Treloar’s is a registered charity that has been established for over one hundred years. We provide education, care, therapy, medical support and independence training to young people with physical disabilities from all over the UK and overseas.
We are currently recruiting for Student Support Assistants across our campus based in Holybourne, Alton, Hampshire. We seek to engage with motivated, flexible individuals who are passionate about supporting young people with physical disabilities.
Key duties will include;
- Helping students with all aspects of daily living
- Assisting with nutritional and feedings requirements
- Assisting Students to achieve their goals
- Preparation of lesson materials
- Assisting with therapy programmes
- Helping with the maintenance of teaching aids
- Keeping records in line with regulatory requirements
- Personal care including washing, dressing and toileting
In order to be considered for the role of Student Support Assistant you will have;
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Flexible, adaptable working manner
- Ability to work under pressure
As Student Support Assistant you will receive;
- Excellent paid training and development opportunities
- Excellent benefits package including pension, discounted gym membership, health cash plan and life insurance
- Term time only or a full year contract
- A rewarding career in a stimulating and vibrant environment
- Refer a friend scheme up to £500 (T&C’s apply)
Please be advised to apply you will be required to complete an Application Form (See below). Alternatively call our Recruitment Team on 01420 547400 ext 3416 for more information or to request a full application pack.
If you are unable to commit to a permanent contract we welcome applications for bank staffing opportunities also.
Treloar Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All successful candidates will be subject to a DBS check along with other relevant employment checks. Treloar’s is removing barriers to disabled people in employment and benefitting from their skills; we are a Disability Confident employer. Treloar’s has signed up to the Mindful Employer Charter for employers who are positive about mental health.