Treloar Trust is both a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee. Treloar School and Treloar College are part of Treloar Trust, but managed as separate ‘operating divisions’. They share a range of services run centrally by the Trust such as Fundraising, Human Resources, Finance, Transport and Marketing.
Who does what at Treloar’s?
Individuals who give generously of their time to support our work and help us raise our profile in their chosen fields.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for the overall governance of the Treloar Trust and meets as a board at least three times a year. In addition there are four Trustee committees covering Finance, Investment and Audit; Risk and Compliance; Fundraising; and Nominations and Remuneration.
The Trustees review the purpose, aims and activities of the Trust each year. They have overall responsibility for ensuring that the Trust has appropriate systems and controls, financial and otherwise to provide assurance that:
- As a charity we are operating efficiently and effectively;
- All assets are safeguarded against unauthorised use or disposition and are properly applied;
- Proper records are maintained and financial information used within Treloar’s, or for publication, is reliable; and
- We comply with relevant laws and regulations.
The Chief Executive is responsible to the Trustees of The Treloar Trust through the Trust Chairman.
Purpose of the role
- Ensure the Treloar Trust operates in accordance with its charitable objectives and enable the Trustees to fulfil their duties and responsibilities for the governance and financial sustainability of the Trust
- Direct all aspects of the Trust’s strategy and its oversight of the school and college managed by the Principal and the Governors
- Oversee the central support teams – HR, Finance, Facilities, ICT & Transport
- Liaise as appropriate with key Government departments on policies and related matters
- Manage the key relationships, communications and marketing of the Trust to local authorities, care providers, disabled young people and their families
- Direct all aspects of Fundraising and manage key relationships with donors
- Development, implementation and delivery of Trust strategy
- Oversight and co-ordination of all Trust activities
- Ensuring that the Trust fulfils all its legal, statutory and regulatory responsibilities
The Governing Body is a Committee of the Trustees established pursuant to the Articles of Association of the Trust. The Governing Body acts under delegated authority from the Board of Trustees. The Principal reports into the Governing Body.
Purpose of role
- To lead the Treloar’s education provision Senior Management Team in planning and delivering the strategic direction and management thereof
- To take overarching responsibility for the areas of healthcare, therapies and residential care
- As a member of TLT, to contribute to the bidding process for high profile projects and innovation aligned with the Trust’s core business and to ensure delivery of agreed outcomes.
- Responsible, through the Head of Safeguarding, for the leadership and direction on all aspects of safeguarding (children, young people and vulnerable adults) across Treloar School and College.
- To oversee learner selection, recruitment, admissions and retention, co-ordinating and hosting visits of prospective learners and families.
- To ensure an appropriate range of curricular provision to meet the identified and future needs of learners and oversee budgets and resources to effect the delivery of the curriculum.
- To be responsible for quality procedures related to the delivery of learning, other services and progression and transition to adult life and ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
- To advise the Chief Executive and then implement the agreed appointment, allocation of duties, salary grading, performance review, and discipline of all staff; and contribute to the formulation of human resource management policy by the TLT.
Treloar’s Leadership Team
The executive body charged with the day-to-day management of the Trust’s activities.