As the UK’s leading centre for severely physically disabled children and young people, Treloar’s offers outstanding teaching, learning, professional care, therapy and guidance so that every individual can live, learn, achieve and work towards a future that is as independent as possible.
The students at Treloar’s are contending with the most complex disabilities and, unfortunately, with those disabilities comes further conditions such as learning difficulties, visual impairments, no verbal communication, medical and dietary issues, lack of social awareness, mental health problems and life-limiting conditions.
Outcomes for School (2018-19)
Students’ outcomes were very strongly based on their achievement of intended destinations, achievement of academic and independence and wider curriculum skills targets and achievement of qualifications:
- 91% of individual education plan targets were fully achieved
- Student achievement of qualifications was exceptionally high – at Entry Level 1 there was a 96% success rate, at Entry 2 a 100% success rate and at Entry 3 also 100% success rate.
Outcomes for College (2018-19)
Students’ outcomes were outstanding at all levels. In particular:
- 91% of individual learning plan targets were fully achieved
- 97% of academic targets were fully achieved
- 100% of GCSE and 93% of functional skills qualifications in English and Maths were achieved
- All 4 students, aiming to progress to Higher Education achieved their goal
- 5 students progressed to a supported internship which they are currently undertaking.