Information for Parents and Students
Whether your child is a boarder or a day student there will be a lot of information that you would like from Treloar’s. Our commitment to working together with parents was recognised in 2017 by the School being re-awarded the Leading Parent Partnership Award, a nationally recognised accreditation for schools showing excellence in working with parents for the benefit of the student.
Specific information for parents of current pupils can be found in the secure Parent Portal. We also communicate with parents via Clarion Call which sends a text and/or email message to parents and is particularly important in circumstances such as adverse weather to keep parents informed. A Parent Newsletter is emailed at the end of each term and regular communications about forthcoming events are also sent this way.
At Treloar School and College we strongly believe a student will receive the best provision from our highly specialist teams, when they attend full time and are in receipt of our high quality face to face delivery, whether that be on a day placement or residential placement.
We would only provide a personalised remote learning offer in exceptional circumstances and for a limited period of time which include:
- A student is recuperating at home following surgery, hospital admission or illness but is well enough to engage in some learning activities
- As part of a phased introduction to Treloar’s where it is felt that this would support the student’s introduction to the School or College
- Student’s placements have been agreed (funded placement), but Treloar’s are not yet in a position to offer a start date
- If there is a need for students to self isolate at home due to a personal, local or national infectious outbreak
- As part of our Business Continuity Plan e.g. Snow Closure.
If you would like to learn more please read our Remote and Blended Learning Policy.
We have also included some Ten Top Tips for Learning which you might find helpful when working with your son or daughter