PE – Boccia Young Officials Course
The aim of the course is to develop the necessary skills and knowledge required to be an effective official and provide the information necessary to put these skills to use. The course has been designed to cover the important elements of refereeing a game of boccia in the community and up to regional level competitions.
There are two parts to the course:
- Attend a Boccia Young Officials training course
- Complete at least 2 hours of volunteering as an official within 6 months of the course date
At the end of the course, participants should:
- Have a knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of an official
- Have gained knowledge of the rules of boccia and developed the skills to apply those rules in a game situation
- Understand the structure of the officiating pathway in boccia.
- More information on boccia can be found at www.bocciaengland.org.uk.