TPA Networking with Parent/Carers
The Steering Group hosts a virtual meeting every half term via zoom. Meeting minutes are available on this page and summaries included in the half termly newsletters. The newsletter also provides details of forthcoming fund raising events.
‘Parent Share’ drop-in coffee mornings are hosted every Monday morning from 9.15 am till noon in the Jowett Centre.
In addition, the Steering Group hosts lunch on the School’s Parent’s Day giving an opportunity for parent carers to meet with others, to share and learn from their experiences.
TPA Virtual Meeting Etiquette.
The Steering Group uses virtual meetings via zoom as one of their pathways to network and communicate with all parent carers. The following details our participation expectations.
Everyone is entitled to be treated with respect and in return to respect others. The Steering Group expects everyone to support our ethos.
- Behave in a way that is not offensive to others and to acknowledge that the views and opinions held by others may differ from your own.
- Treat others with consideration and respect for the dignity, worth, diversity and privacy of others.
- Recognise and value people’s different backgrounds, knowledge, skills and experiences.
- Be kind, courteous and positive.
- Be thoughtful when you speak
We insist that these meetings are not used to lobby for resolutions of personal issues and that individual students are not named during discussions. These sessions are designed to offer an opportunity to network, share information and where required, provide support.
Those who are deemed not to follow this etiquette will be asked to leave the call and arrangements for a separate off line discussion will be made.