Student Ambassador Scheme
Treloar’s Student Ambassador Scheme is a volunteering role for College and Sixth Form students (Student Ambassador). Students have to apply for these role and are interviewed by Senior Managers.
Some of the things a successful student will be involved with will be:
- To support new students in a buddy role, helping them to settle or helping them to find out information
- Share ideas and provide feedback to Treloar’s
- Share information at events (staff inductions, Treloar’s events) to a variety of people (guests, students or new staff). Accompany academics and staff on School and College visits
- Taking groups of prospective students on campus tours
- Inclusion in the staff recruitment process
- Serve as an advocate for Treloar’s whenever the opportunity presents itself
- When appropriate, play devil’s advocate to help Treloar’s think through important decisions and strategies
What is in it for the student
- Better employability – by being a Student Ambassador students will be able to give examples of situations to potential employers or interview panels for academic placements.
- The benefit of work experience in a variety of situations
- It will enable students to make informed choices about future careers paths
- Increased skills set
- An ability to evidence a variety of skills which will enable to communicate in interviews or on application forms.
- References will be given for future work or volunteering
- A Certificate of achievement and completion
The role can be adapted so that students who wish to do this role, and have specific areas to progress (set targets), can be given opportunities to develop these skills.