Ready for the year ahead
While Treloar’s students were enjoying their summer holidays, Treloar’s staff, together with a range of contractors, have been working hard to prepare the site for the start of term in September. The holiday period is one of the busiest times of year for our facilities team. There’s a complex schedule of servicing and maintenance tasks that need to be completed, and fitted into the diary, alongside the campus holiday lets.
This summer, a huge variety of projects have been completed across the campus, some highlights include:
- Gloucester House has had extensive redecoration and lighting improvements in the communal areas, as well as a new patio door to access the new sensory garden installed in the common room.
- New sensory garden has been installed outside Gloucester House.
- Installation of a new boiler and hot water piping is currently happening within Allan House to ensure that all teams will work in the right conditions over winter; in addition to this, two new boilers have already been installed to aid with economy and efficiency.
- New solar panels have been installed on the roof of the School, with more planned on the walk way outside the pool. (Read our story on how Treloar’s contributed to carbon reduction in East Hampshire). These panels will help us to meet our goal to cut the campus greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 50% by 31st August 2030 and make efficiencies in utility costs too.
- A huge amount of statutory servicing and maintenance has taken place, including the annual programme of replacing old hoists throughout the site.
Matthew Davies, new Head of Facilities and Transport, commented: “Massive thank you to the in-house team for all the hard work fixing, painting, trimming, mowing etc to ensure we are ready for the students and staff to return! Also, Alvin (former Head of Facilities and Transport) is leaving us, he has championed so many new initiatives, as well as working on compliance issues, and I am thankful for all the help he has given me in handing over the baton.”
A huge thank you goes also to all the donors and funders who have helped us complete the aforementioned works.