Giving Tuesday: Corporate Support
Giving Tuesday is a fantastic opportunity for us to say ‘thank you’ to our corporate supporters. We are grateful for everything they do for Treloar’s: from sponsoring events, donating funds for vital projects and offering up their time as volunteers. Our corporates have done all this and more over the past year, and we can’t thank them enough!
Several of our events have had corporate headline sponsors, including Fyffes for our Celebrity Football Match (which members of the Fyffes team travelled down to Eastleigh to support) and Hospital Saturday Fund for our Charity Golf Day (postponed until March 2023). Additional event sponsors include Mzuri, Site Equip, and Star Support for You.
This year has also seen the completion of our Forest School, for which Homes Estate Agents generously donated the funds. This includes a beautiful hide for observing wildlife, built by Homes founder, Rob Barr. The Forest School was officially opened on the day our Royal Patron HRH The Countess of Wessex GCVO visited Treloar’s. Homes’s senior team and several of our young students were involved in the ribbon cutting ceremony!
Earlier in the year, Sun Life Financial of Canada funded a wonderful rainbow canopy to enable our school children to use their outdoor space even in wet weather.
We love to welcome our corporate supporters on site, whether to learn more about Treloar’s, get involved in an event, or offer practical help. We were delighted that ILS and Newbury Building Society joined our Walk for Treloar’s event earlier this year– a fun way to raise money for our students. We must also thank the following teams for taking a day out of the office and team building at Treloar’s:
- Virgin Media painted our outdoor classroom and tidied the accessible path, Willow Way
- Redfields came along on a scorching hot day to do major landscaping and adding scented plants to our Sensory Garden
- Two teams from Krispy Kreme painted fences and revamped our extensive greenhouse
- Two teams from Unam have painted a rainbow fence and weeded in preparation for our Royal visit
- Site Equip braved the wind and rain to clear our Piazza and Sensory Garden of weeds
- Aramark painted fences and sheds and the team are now planning their cake stall at our Christmas Fair
- Capita cleared and tidied our extensive greenhouse and removed leaves from the Outdoor Classroom and Forest School.
We have more Corporate Volunteer Days scheduled before the end of the year, and dates already booked in for 2023. They are proving very popular and are a massive help in maintaining our large site and student zones. We are grateful for all the ways our corporate supporters help Treloar’s. As we near the end of this year, we would like to round things off with a great big THANK YOU to you all!
If you’d like to find out more about how your company can support, follow this link.